Monday, January 01, 2007

hello 2007!

Okay, I have to admit. I'm not much one for New Year's Eve. Its busy and expensive and overrated and people are just trying so hard to have a darned good time that it always seems that people are disappointed. In order to avoid this, I didn't plan anything. The day before yesterday, a few friends and I semi got our plans in order. But, it was less plans and more mutually planned hanging out.

By nine or so, my living room was nicely filled by the usual suspects. Tasha, Court, Stephanie and Eddie, his brother Bert, Julia and I hung out in living room while, with breaks to the deck to visit Jarrod and Chris, or to the kitchen to pour more wine or treats. I think it was pretty quiet until Tasha brought out the mojitos. Then it got really rowdy--I mean, we played Trivial Pursuit. On the Xbox, so at least we didn't have to worry about losing any pieces.

Even with static-y (we don't have cable) Nathan Philips Square coverage on to announce the New Year, I think it was one of the most enjoyable. I have had exactly one other New Year's that was excellent. It was three or four ago now, but, it was the only time I bought a ticket, got dressed up, and went out with girlfriends. Actually, when I think about it, maybe going out for New Year's isn't so bad. Maybe next year.

No comments: