University of Toronto
• Master of Information Studies, Collaboration in Book History and Print Culture
• Completed first year of two year program
• Honours Bachelor of Humanities, Concentration in Philosophy, Graduated Spring 2004
• Received the Pauline Jewett entrance scholarship
• One year exchange through the Institute of Philosophy
• Computer Skills: Types 60-81 WPM. Proficient use of MS Office, WordPerfect, MS Excel, MS Access. Thorough knowledge of Windows and MAC operating systems, especially concerning Internet Protocols
• Library Skills: descriptive cataloguing (AACR2), subject cataloguing (Sears, Library of Congress), book processing, collection development, SIRSI, online searching using Dialog, LexusNexus, and Factiva
• Selected Relevant Coursework: Intro to Cataloguing, Intro to Management, Intro to Information Systems, Research Methods and Statistics, Online Information Retrieval
Help Desk Advisor
Information Commons, Robart's Library
• provide excellent client service for students, staff, faculty and alumni requiring assistance with various computer issues, specializing in email and Internet issues
• performed duties on walk-up and over the telephone
University of Toronto, FIS Inforum
• Information personnel, providing services in circulation, shelving, labeling, reference, and other general tasks in an academic library setting
Scugog Shores Millennium Project
Port Perry, ON
• Independent research on Lake Scugog, with the purpose of creating and designing searchable database to be located online for the public to use
• Travel to local community and university libraries to complete this research, as well searching online journals and archives
Help Desk Technician
The Pic Group (Bell Sympatico)
• Interact directly with members concerning a variety of internet related computer issues, customer care and dedication are a priority, also a sales element for Sympatico products
• Thorough knowledge of Windows operating systems, as well as Internet Protocols, TCP/IP, PPPOE, etc.
Carleton University Library
• Return books to shelves, run traces for lost books, and maintain an organized shelving system to keep the collection in order.
• Deal directly with library patrons and oversee book returns
EDS of Canada, Ltd.
• Completed customer care surveys, entered analyst statistics into a database.
• Maintained monthly report on customer comments and statistics, updated expense invoices using spreadsheets and databases.
Publicity Representative, FISSC Council
• Maintains inventory of FIS related merchandise
• Represents council at recruiting fairs, information events and alumni nights
• Attends monthly council meetings.
Pangaea International Students Association
• Served requested drinks, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic.
• Maintained a tidy restaurant and serving area.
Head Grammatical Editor
The Voice English Newspaper
• Selected which articles would be published in monthly magazine
• Head of Editing Staff for said articles
• Contributed own articles for magazine
• Learning languages
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST