Thursday, March 02, 2006

me, myself, and the go train

i am beginning to hate the go train.

yesterday, i ran into the station, fully ten minutes before the train left (a record for me, i think) only to find a gigantic line to the ticket booth. fine. i wait. then i decide i probably have enough time to get jarrod and myself and a sandwhich from mickey's d's. no line. i risk it. sandwiches, bag, book, pop, ipod, ticket in hand, i literally run up the escalator to hear the last boarding call (note: two coats with stitches still on them noticed on the run up). i sit down. and realize i had forgot to stamp my two way go train pass with those annoying machines (why they can't just put them on the platform is one thing i will probably never know). so i grabbed my stuff and looked for the conductor because i figured if i confessed he'd let me off easier. and i could not find anyone. so i sat back down. and ate my sandwich. which...of course...is when the conductor comes around. fortunatly, he believed my tale (i tend to believe its because i am adorable) and didn't ticket me. but i got a stern lesson on validating my pass.

this morning (same ticket) i was getting on the go bus and i dropped it. i looked down. it wasnt there. poof. disappeared. into the grate. seriously. does she print me up a new ticket? no. at the station two guys (yes, it took two of them) unscrewed the gate and gave me back my ticket. uh? was that really that efficient? couldnt they have just printed me a new one? sigh. another thing i will never know. but hey, i made my train, made it back home, and all is good.

i also splurged on three (count 'em) new books. They are:

A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
The In-Between World of Vikram Lall
One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

We will see if i get anything done in the next few days.

No comments: