Saturday, February 04, 2006

there's a party tonight. a boy from FIS is kind enough to have invited our entire program over to his house, as well as i believe a great deal of his and his room mates' friends, as well as a few of the more musically inclined and all signs point to it being a raucous good time. and yet, here i sit, in my lululemon pants, eating some microwave popcorn, half heartedly working on my presentation for monday and mostly watching 'rollergirls' (new obsession) on tv. there was a time when i would have jumped on this whole party idea. seriously. flash back four or five years and i would have been raucous. but now, the idea of having a night to myself (after a wonderfully nice visit with jarrod...will i ever get sick of watching the sketch that is kensington market? i propose that i will not...)

this is something a friend sent to me. basically, the artist travels around western europe doing these absolutly amazing 3D chalk drawings. let me check out his name. Julian Beever. if you care to look him up.

I guess the key to his art look 3D is taking the photo at precisely the right angle. This is what it looks like at not the right angle:



and then, at the exact right perfect angle:



I am pretty sure that that is FUCKED.

on the party front, i am pretty sure i'll go. because hey, there's some good kids going and well, i ain't getting anything productive done here. seriously. i bought a book stand (five dollars) and i have taken several different sized books and magazines and tested how well they work. its wonderful. this is going to make reading while eating breakfast so much easier. do you need to know what i am talking about? why, i would love to show you!

here she is:



look, i know at least one of you wants one. even if that one is me mum.

2 comments:

susan said...

That is BRILLIANT!! My screen set-up didn't show the second picture until I scrolled down ... so I wasn't expecting it -- wow!
Why is your laptop male, and your book stand (which will be great for cookbooks too!!) female???

al said...

i dont' know. its kinda like in the feminine/masculine forms of nouns in french...there's no rhyme or reason, its just the way it is.