Sunday, November 26, 2006

Amazing Race 11? Best Season Ever?

Okay, okay, I'll admit it. I watch Reality TV. I watch Survivor. In residence, I watched Temptation Island. With a dedication that was much greater than that turned towards my education. I even like The Apprentice, well, the first couple of seasons anyway.

But the show I really like is Amazing Race. Last season, I gave my heart to the Hippies. I love love love them. And I was so glad that they won $1 million. But, they aren't my favourite team. My favourite team was...ready?...Rob and Amber. Damn, they were awesome. Rob was just so good at the game. And Amber, well, she's pretty. But the thing is: they actually communicated like a couple. They never fought, they encouraged each other, they were partners. Unlike some teams that made me cringe in my comfy sofa chair when watching.

What is the point of this? That there's going to be an All Star edition of Amazing Race. Next Spring. And Rob and Amber are confirmed. No word on my hippies yet, but I have not given up hope. I promise you, I will be watching every single second.

Also, I just watched the preview for the next episode of Veronica Mars. (Thanks a lot Alex, you tease!) Better than Christmas.

3 comments:

Court said...

What, team
Bama!
isn't your fav team? ;)

I hope next season will be the best ever, but are there enough "all star" teams? Besides the Hippies and Rob&Amber, I can't really think of any really superstar teams from past seasons. David & Lori would be great again, but they are not really all-star material. Perhaps Reichen and Chip from season 4.

al said...

okay, so maybe it should be called "favourites" amazing race. Uchenna and Kim are in again...holy rematch for Rob and Amber. I'd watch the frat boys again. And Jon and Al, from season 4.

I wouldn't mind seeing some of the assholes again, either. Like the wrestling couple that bordered on abusive. Or Joseph and Monica. But that's just because I'm sick.

NotCarrie said...

I LOVE Rob and Amber! I'm so rooting for them in the All-Stars season. I was pissed they didn't win.