Wednesday, April 19, 2006

slowly going crazy am i

these are things that make me feel like i am losing my mind:

1) I have forgotten whether i have finished the last two books i have read. seriously. oftentimes, when i know i will have a long stretch of time to read, and i only have a few pages left, i will grab a brand new book. i mean, why risk having nothing to do? but the thing is, i cannot remember if i finished the other two. i tried to remember what happened at the end (one was promised to be worth reading because the ending was a big pay off...and i cannot remember said big ending and yet i would swear that i finished it)...and i can't. so the question is, did i read it and forget it? or did i not go back and read them? seriously.

2) i lost my cell phone yesterday. i had it. and then i didn't. i went to use it...and it was gone. did i just put it down somewhere? did it fall out of my bad? these are things i will never know.

3) way back in september, i was assigned an inforum binder with policies and procedures. i was returning it to FIS yesterday, after a nice lunch with tasha, when i realized that i did not have it. i just simply did not have it. did i leave it on the rock i was waiting on? did i leave it at the restaurant? when? i have no idea.

4) i didn't pick up my passport. i knew i wanted to head to oshawa to finish up my final paper, so i wanted to pick it up before i left. and then, i was on the train, and i realized that i had not. how could i forget the one thing i need to get on a plane this saturday? clothes, i can buy. blankie, i'd miss but i'd get over it. money, hey, i am going to visit my folks, remember? but my passport? damn it! (don't worry mom, i am going to pick it up tomorrow, its not too big a deal, i just wanted it sooner rather than later)

now, please keep in mind that this all happened in one day. see, i told you i was going crazy.

3 comments:

Ms. McKeegan's Blog said...

This is a total side bar, but what did you think of The Alchemist's Daughter? I just finished it and was a bit disappointed by it.

al said...

i hated it. i thought it was simply and boring and predictable. and i am such a sucker for that genre, i thought i would like anything...i also did not like very much the book entitled "a great and terrible beauty." so that's two in a row of that kinda romance-y/historical fiction stuff. not good.

Ms. McKeegan's Blog said...

have you read The Time Traveller's Wife? Now THAT is a good book.

I agree- it was a lot more ordinary and predictable then I hoped. I got it because I liked the cover.