Sunday, April 16, 2006

where have all the bloggers gone?

well, today, i was slightly bored at work so i figured i would head over to the FIS1311 web site where the blogs of all of my classmates were listed. rememeber? we were all supposed to make one at the beginning of the semester? i am pleased to report that excluding yours truly, there are about three active bloggers. out of a class of probably seventy. there is no real reason for this observation, i just thought it was interesting. apparently blogging isn't for everyone. but why? why aren't people, without any control of their own, drawn to the web, forced to write down rather incoherent ramblings for others to read?

also, today ian has done a pretty good job of ruining hybrids for me. fortunately, it has not destroyed my belief in fairies, mermaids. and elves. or any other kind of creature that has a secret eco-system completely devoted to their own race that co-exists with our own, invisibly and without conflict. and who only appear to believers. like me.

another confession: i have herpes. okay, well, i have a cold sore on my lip. i find myself being shockingly horrified of myself every time i look in the mirror, despite the contstant reassurances of boyfriend, friend, and family, that "it's not that bad." and that, you know, 50-80% of the population suffers from cold sores. and other such statistics. i don't think a girl knows how vain she is until something goes wrong with her face. i am going to go sit at the clinic tomorrow and hope for some super expensive magic medicine that will both make me better and erase the stigma of said affliction.

i just had to go make myself feel better by eating some laura secord easter egg. which, for the first time in my life, were not bought for me by my loving mother but were purchased by myself. she's in england, so she has an excuse, but easter ain't easter without those creme eggs. cadbury? for the peasants. i need the high class shit.

on the up side, i leave for england on saturday. i am very very excited. it is going to be a real vacation. which i haven't had in what feels like forever but is really probably only nine months or so. i have a very selective memory which leads me to feel more hard done by than perhaps i really am.

No comments: