Tuesday, May 30, 2006

i wanna be running

i have decided, and am announcing it here in order to commit myself, to run another half marathon. in october. in toronto. this is spurred on by two things: 1) i have not had an organized or consistent work out routine since i ran the half in ottawa a year ago and 2) because of that inconsistency, the weight lost that i experienced back then while training has snuck back on. i am not sure how or why, but it seems to have caught up to me all at once. so, here i go. i am setting myself this running goal because, well, i need a goal to get me out and running. (and by out and running, i mean down and to the tread mill). if anyone should share a desire to run in the over congested city come october, i'd be more than happy to have a running buddy. i've even run early mornings.

so here's the thing. right now, i am sitting in my living room in my work out clothes. why am i in my living room? because the small small gym that exists in my building is full. this pisses me off for a number of reasons. first is that when a girl gets it into her head to work out, she wants to work out right that second. secondly, the condo board spent some ridiculous amount of money redecorating the main entry of the condo (to the tune of $100 000, according to the rumour mill) and yet left the work out room untouched. it needs new treads! it needs more space! come on! (and damn it, if you are going to redecorate, hire a decent interior designer! the place looks worse!)

let me just say one thing: when i do get down there, evenutally, the damn air conditionning had better be on.

3 comments:

akd said...

i've been contemplating doing the toronto half again - is that the one you plan to do? there are a couple in october - the scotia (or is it CIBC?) waterfront flat course, and the hilly-ish mel lastman square to queen's park one. Thing is...i don't do heat. Go away heat, go away!

Anyway, - i'm in wich you.

al said...

i was thinking of the one that lives here:

http://www.torontomarathon.com/

it mentions that it is mostly downhill, which pleases me. also, it is a good three weeks later than the waterfront one, so, although the waterfront one would no doubt be more scenic, i feel like i would rather have the cooler weather.

Ms. McKeegan's Blog said...

I wish you speed, good weather and attractive sneakers.