Monday, May 15, 2006

my life with me

j. and i ventured to windsor this weekend past. my auntie moira (the only auntie that i have though i have many aunts) turned eighty. my aunt beth hosted a delicious dinner. grammy bought two balloons, a thirty, and a fifty, because there was no eighty available. i am not sure if this is becasue it was sold out or because they assume that by the age of eighty a balloon is no longer appreciated. i myself, believe this to be some kind of blasphemy, as balloons are somehow inherently cheerful and wonderful.

this is the extent of me being interesting. lately i have been feeling extremely lazing, extremely boring, and extremely dull. and yet, very very enjoyable.

these are things that make me feel a little bit more content:

1. i recently bought the new steven erikson book, entitled, the bonecollectors. this series is now five books long, each of a thousand pages, and is easily the best fantasy novel series ever written. yes, there are others worth reading. but this one kicks ass. its complicated, sophisticated and requires a deep committment from the reader. all things that i appreciate in my reading.

2. i got two new tables. the first is a little end table that i bought at rona with gift certificates. the second is an over-the-bed number from ikea. the reason that this table is so perfect is because i spend a lot of time in bed. reading, doing homework (who are we kidding?), eating dinner, watching movies...the bed is the centre of it all. even when j. comes over, the bed is still the centre of it all. the amount of times all those things that i just listed occur simply doubles. and now we can happily set up ship with plates, computers, speakers, etc. and still be comfortable and organized. it is very appealing.

3. julia t., j. and i are heading to the cottage for the long weekend. its our first trip up for the summer and i am extremely excited. i am looking forward to a daring jump into the water, nice campfires, a lot of barbecue-ing (burgers, hot dogs, sausages), a nice walk, maybe a run, lots and lots of relaxing.

now, for today, i am going to eat some frozen entree for dinner, watch a movie, and then head out for a friend's birthday. j. will be here by the time i get back (counting down the days until he's here every night) and i shall sleep like a baby.

hey, i warned you: boring.


2 comments:

Alex said...

Oh man... I forgot about the Bonecollectors coming out! I must read it now. I would argue with it being the best series ever, I think it is at least tied with A Song of Ice and Fire. It does, however, blow The Wheel of Time out of the water. Silly Robert Jordan, lots of characters who are only mentioned once does not equal good stories.

Ms. McKeegan's Blog said...

I don't think that sounds boring at all; I think it sounds lovely.

And a recommendation: You MUST read 'The Boy Who Fell Out of the Sky'. I read it last weekend and haven't been able to stop thinking about it. If you'd like, I can procure you a copy, but that'd mean you had about another weeks wait to read it.