Thursday, May 04, 2006

i'm a miserable creature


i'd like to submit the above picture to demonstrate that i am a completely self-absorbed spoiled brat. see, i feel like this blog has a tendency to bring out the best in me. i get to wax poetical on any topic i so desire, and most of the time, this turns into semi-dramatic, yet wholesome, yearnings for love, life and home. but this thoughtful girl is not the alli of real life. the alli of real life, is, quite frankly, a bit of a bitch. i am pretty annoying, bratty, and obnoxious. now, i'll admit, i have my moments. sometimes i can be hilariously funny. sometimes i can be insightful. a lot of the time, my girlfriend's and i sit around and discuss how terribly others are dressed. i can be pretty spiteful. i also have a tendency to freeze up or crack a joke when something emotional is going on. i make myself the centre of everything, even when, obviously, it has nothing to do with me. this is only a selection of a much longer list.
-
but, every once in a while, photos such as the above slap me out of oblivion and shake me out of my ignorance. i get a full blown glimpse of myself as others see me: such as my mother, who is snapping this photo. terrible isn't it? do you see my face? what a grump.
fortunately, there seem to be some people who can put up with me. i should be nicer to these people. if i was the type to keep new year's resolutions, and say, if it was new year's, i would make it a resolution to me nicer.
-
unfortunately, those same people who i should be nicer to also know that i just don't have it in me.
-
oh dear.

1 comment:

Ms. McKeegan's Blog said...

Hey, it's perfectly ok to go a bit spastic on family vacations. Think of it as your birthright because traveling with family can be taxing, even if you're surrounded by gorgeous scenery.