Friday, June 16, 2006

frustrated

there are several things that are going really well for me right now. my grammy just booked a trip to scotland for my cousin sarah, me, and her. my boyfriend just moved in and things are going so well that it makes me wonder how i could ever have hesitated. i have started running again, and though i am not nearly in the shape i once was, i am beginning to feel proud of myself. the weather is hot and sunny, but not humid. i am reading several books, i spend a lot of time drinking coffee, i am taking a summer course, like i said, things are looking swell.

except for one thing. my job. i have a job. technically. you wouldn't know it from the hours i work. actually, i am not even being paid anymore for the hours i go in, because i've used up all my training. and yet, i am still not on the schedule. there is no rush to put us on the schedule.

it is endlessly frustrating. i don't want to push, because, really i am liking this job, and the people, a whole heck of a lot. but at the same time, its been over a month, and well, i am getting ancy. i need to be doing something, putting some money in the bank. i was given the impression in the interview that i would be given weekly hours. and i'm not.

i have an interview on monday for a job that pays ten bucks an hour. and i am excited about it.

No comments: