Monday, June 19, 2006

please score edmonton, please score!

its 2-0 carolina. i hate that this is the score. usually, i watch hockey all season. whether its my brother or room mates or friends or myself, i end up catching a decent amount of leafs games. it didn't happen this year. julia d. and i caught one game (actually i think i still owe her some money for that evening), but that was pretty much the extent of fanship. until game 5 of the stanley cup when the oilers' managed to score short handed in overtime. holy mother, that was exciting. so i watched the trouncing of the 'canes that occurred in game six. and now, now, i am watching game seven. and i find myself getting very very angry with the oilers. and that makes me realize why i had to stop watching hockey: i hate that i care. and if i don't watch, i don't care.

they just blew a five on three power play. and then took a weak hooking penalty. (for the record, if i was a coach and my player took an ass head penalty, i'd bench him. but both my father and my brother, who know so much more of the game than i do, have told me that this makes me a terrible coach.)

in brighter news, i got that job today. i start friday, its twenty five hours a week, and i work from home. it ends just before i go to scotland, it doesn't conflict with either my helpdesk job nor my course...all in all, i am pretty happy with it.

1 comment:

Ms. McKeegan's Blog said...

what's hockey?