Tuesday, July 18, 2006

the reason that i choose to sit at the starbucks at st. george and college is that it is close enough to campus for me to still reside on the university of toronto's network. and i get to sit in a coffee shop. i do need an internet connection to complete my indexing (which must must must be done by a week friday!). and i do need coffee to do my work. so, the situation is win-win.

however, i feel like as i've gotten older i've gotten more and more intolerant of other people. let me say this as clearly as possible--other people piss me off. for instance, those people at canada's wonderland, weeks ago, if i think about them too much even now, i can feel my blood starting to boil. i hate when people are inconsiderate. not in the emotional sense, heck, i don't care how you treat the people in your life. you're a stanger. inconsiderate in the inability to recognize that other people exist.

i'm sitting in the comfy chairs. you know, there's two in every starbucks. i am by myself. (working, remember?) but then this middle-aged man sits down in the other chair. and he didn't ask if he could. he's supposed to ask. these chairs are two of a kind. i could have been waiting for someone. they could have been getting a coffee or be in the bathroom. he should have said, "excuse me, is anyone sitting here?" he needn't ask my permission, but he also should put me in the place of having to be "uh, there's someone sitting there." see what i mean?

now, the thing that really pisses me off is that he's one of those rather creepy people. he keeps checking out the young girls, nursing his coffee. i hate when people do that. its just so...dated. get on the internet already! they don't care if you look!

other than that though, starbucks is pretty boring today. so, at least he's providing a little entertainment. he's not in the league of full body suit girl (i miss her), but who is?

No comments: