Monday, December 11, 2006

We all know I cannot resist pyscho-analysis. I am wonderfully self-absorbed, so, of course, I love seeing how much tests "get me." However, after taking Alex's The Colour Quiz, I refuse to post my results.

This is because, well, I'm a baby and its my blog. But dude, this test is harsh. I mean, basically, it said...wait, should I quote from it? That would make my case more substantial, right? Let me grab something.

First result:
Sensitive; needs esthetic surroundings, or an equally sensitive and understanding partner with whom to share a warm intimacy. Well, that sounds fine enough. I mean, sure, I'm a crier, and yeah, I'd like a partner who does make fun of me when I'm being touchy.

Second result: The existing situation is disagreeable. Feels lonely and uncertain as she has an unsatisfied need to ally herself with others whose standards are as high as her own, and wants to stand out from the rank and file. This sense of isolation magnifies the need into a compelling urge, all the more upsetting to her self-sufficiency because of the restraint she normally imposes on herself. Since she wants to demonstrate the unique quality of her own character, she tries to suppress this need for others and affects an attitude of unconcerned self-reliance to conceal her fear of inadequacy, treating those who criticize her behavior with contempt. However, beneath this assumption of indifference she really longs for the approval and esteem of others. Okay, Okay, I'll admit it. This strikes close to home. Fine, I make fun of people to make myself feel better. I'm a big bully. Happy? But really, come on, for the most part, I think I'm a pretty understanding and non-judgemental person. I mean, sure, I bitch, but my bark is much louder than my bite. And really? I admit my faults. Some of them are: I whine a lot, I'm bitchy when I don't get my way, and I expect people to know what I am thinking without me having to tell them. I think this makes me...human. And what existing situation? My life? In general? We were talking about relationships previously, is that what they mean? Can I get some clarity here?

Third Result: Disappointment and the fear that there is no point in formulating fresh goals have led to anxiety. Desires recognition and position, but is worried about her prospects. Reacts to this by protecting at any criticism and resisting any attempt to influence her. Tries to assert herself by meticulous control of detail in an effort to strengthen her position. Oh, frack off. Seriously? Do people buy this crap? Its not even English. "reacts to this by protecting at any criticism" Huh? What? I mean, I think I can take the spirit behind the words, but you lose all credibility with me when you publish something with grammatical errors. (Blogs, excluded of course) And I'm easily influenced. I offer these examples: I wanted a Mac and was talked out of it in one conversation. I never gave money to the homeless, but then was told that these are often the people that have been mistreated at homeless shelters, so now I've been known to. I never played poker till I dated a guy who did. I also never ate big breakfasts, till my current boyfriend got me onto it. I can't make a single decision on my own! Or apparently, I just do what my boyfriend's do. Which, I hope, if you know me, will realize is absolute bunk and I'm just being overdramatic.

Lame. I much prefer the IQ tests that tell me I'm a genius. So what if I've memorized the answers. That just means I'm smart and savvy. And have a great memory.

For the record, if you want the test, its at The Colour Quiz. Let me know if it ruins your day too.

1 comment:

Alex said...

Man... I didn't mean to ruin your day!

Although after I read my results I did feel pretty bad about myself so maybe there was some sort of unconsious desire to share the feeling.