Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Whenever I post something and then have second thoughts about it, I add another post really quickly. See, about the below, I like the stocking idea (because unlike some people I don't hate joy and love and Christmas and snow and hot chocolate...I'm talking to you Tasha), because its cute. And there seems to be something about the holidays that make me feel like, for a week or two, maybe its okay to be a little sentimental and maybe a little more friendly than normal. A lot of the time I just feel like, well, I'm mean to people. Or judgmental. Or, at least, not the way that I wish I could be. Not that, say Jesus or Santa Claus are particularly my behavioural icons, but maybe we can still take a few things nice from it all.

Are we surprised at the fact that I can be so ridiculously sappy? I am a girl, you know.

By the way, I did watch some kind of crap holiday special for 7Th Heaven. Holy mother of God. That was probably supposed to inspire some kind of nice feelings, but really, it just makes me want to kill people.

Also, I am donating a hand made book for the auction tomorrow and I'm a little nervous that no one is going to want to buy it. Or that it will go for, thirty cents. In which case I am bidding thirty five and taking it home with me. However, the thought of not donating something for want of my stupid fears, seemed entirely at odds with the Christmas spirit I am clearly trying so hard to embrace.

Besides, embarrassment only makes us stronger, right?


4 comments:

Court said...

The stocking is way cool Alli, and good luck with the auction tomorrow, if any audience will appreciate hand bound books, it will be a library crowd :)

Alex said...

I think the hand made book is an awesome donation! It's definitely better than what people suggested I donate*. I think someone tomorrow will love it.

*people suggested I donate myself. That would have been embarrising.

al said...

You know, its funny. In my original post, I compared it to having one of those "date" auctions, and how, I would be absolutely too embarrassed to auction myself off.

That being said, we clearly both feel that way, and I'd put money down for you any day!

akd said...

dude - i definitely plan on bidding for your book.

I contemplated for a second just keeping it :P, but that would go against the reason why we're organizing the auction -> to raise money!! For sick children no less.

What's this about loving, caring and christmas? bah, it's overrated. i think i'll keep your book.